Yes I just referred to myself as a WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER!! It actually comes out naturally now! People used to ask me what I did and I would mumble out the word photographer ! Now I feel comfortable saying that I am a wedding photographer! I cant believe a whole year has passed from when I first picked up a “fancy” camera! At the end of this year I will have shot 10 weddings and 3 of those were my very own!!! Not too shabby for the first year!
So I dediced to chat about the Perks & Pits of shooting weddings while prego! First let me be real & tell you that there are way more pits to pregnancy than perks! I just have to keep reminding myself the bundle of joy we get at the end of all this discomfort!
So let me share with u a Lil list that I put together :)
- scheduling future weddings & having to turn down some that are too close to your due date saying No makes me sad!
- Finding an outfit that fits your baby bump without looking like ur wearing a moo moo! Gosh I can't forget to mention the importance of comfy shoes -which are never the most stylish!
- Cant bend down too much to get different angles because there is a good chance Ill need help getting back up!
- Constantly hungry & thirsty!
Water= more pee pee breaks than usual!
- Hoping the smells of dinner dont make u naseaus! Ive gotten a Lil better with food fatigue but sometimes I still get woozie!
- your on ur feet for 10 hrs straight so I tend to lean on things more since my Body starts aching earlier! It feels like youve been hit my a truck by the end of the night with numb feet & splitting back pains! It definitely helps that Jack gives me massages when I come home!
- People love pregnant people! Its definitely a conversation starter! People are so nice to you & I love when people are nice to me!
- Ur partners/assistants are super attentive! I couldnt get by without an awesome second shooter!
- people open up doors for u! They treat u like a dainty flower because ur carrying a delicate load!
Yeah & thats pretty much it haha Im yet to notice any beautiful glowing skin that your promised! Ill be sure to let u know if that ever comes lol
Even though there are way more pits than perks to photographing long wedding days while pregnant I cant say no! I just love my job & I wouldnt change it! Most of the pain is distracted by all the excitement going on! People ask me why i shoot weddings?
To be honest when I began photography last year, I definitely thought I was going to fail! I had been hiding behind cakes for years! I thought I wasnt a people person so I dreaded any human contact lol especially cake consultations! I thought photographing children would be my niche. I definitely thought that I could NEVER be a wedding photographer! I was totally intimidated! This is the most important day of peoples lives and I couldnt imagine the responsibility & dealing with the hustle & bustle of weddings! Handling the large wedding parties was one of my biggest fears!
The very thing that I was afraid of is all I want to shoot! I love the hustle & bustle! I love documenting the most important day of someones lives! This is supposed to be the happiest day & I'm so blessed to be able to experience it over & over again! Let your happiness rub off on me! I'm just so grateful to be able to continue shooting while pregnant, I was worried I was gonna be stuck in bed vomiting the whole time! I actually enjoy spending ur special day shooting & dealing with the body aches! The moments that we get to catch are totally worth it! And your reactions after you see your photos mean everything to me!