You booked your wedding venue and found all of your dream vendors - now what!?!
Its time to start drafting your wedding day! I love helping my clients create their perfect timeline!
Here are some questions you want to answer before we get started:
1. Do you plan to do a first look? If yes, do you want to document all the wedding party portraits and family formals prior to the ceremony so you can enjoy cocktail hour with your guests?
2. Where will you be getting ready?
3. If you’re not getting ready at the ceremony location, how far are you from the ceremony location?
4. How far is the grooms prep location from the ceremony site?
5. What time is your ceremony and how long will it last?
6. Is your ceremony and reception at the same location? If not, how far apart are they from each other?
7. What time is cocktail hour and reception?
8. Do you want to sneak off after dinner to capture some romantic sunset photos?
Now that you have an idea of what you want captured for your big day, it helps to know how much time is needed document each event:
60 minutes for bride/groom prep photos
30 minutes for bride and groom portraits
30 minutes for wedding party shots
30 minutes for family shots (includes bride & groom's immediate families)
20 minutes - Reception Decor Photos
15 minutes - Ceremony Decor Photos
Don't forget to add in the sweet moments:
10 minutes Grand Entrance
10 minutes First Dance
10 minutes Welcome Toast
50-60 minutes Dinner
15 minutes Toasts
10 minutes Parent dances
5 minutes Cake cutting
10 minutes Bouquet/garter toss
20-30 minutes Photographing Open dancing
Once I have all of the answers, I send my clients a outline of their dream wedding timeline. I strive to make this timeline process as easy and enjoyable as possible. I hope this helps as you plan your big day!
I'M JANELLE MARINA
Wife, Mama Shark, + Photographer.
Most days, you'll find me in mismatched socks and a top knot, working behind my computer with a smile on my face, listening to Zac Brown Band and R&B
--or, dancing in the kitchen with my 3 littles and hunka husband, seeing who could come up with the coolest dance moves. I'm a wedding photographer, West Elm lover, aspiring advocate for our buddies with special needs, and a Certified Dreamer since 1986. We live in a cozy city in Southern California and are always up for a good adventure. I enjoy telling stories with my camera, grubbing on spicy food, and solving the latest Dateline case.