New years resolutions + me = Never gonna happen!
I dont know if its just the word "Resolution" but Ive never kept up with any of them past the 2nd week of January! So Im better off writing a list of Goals because I seem to actually get those done! Maybe its cuz its a shorter word or I just enjoy checking them off! Yes I know im strange! :)
Last year I started a list of goals for 2012 and surprisingly I got through most of them -I kept the list realistic & short to make sure it was possible to cross them off (some people would call that cheating but I think its genius!)… there were only around 20 of them! Woo Hoo! But theres still Sooooo Much that needs to get done! So for the year 2013 I decided that I would make a list of “100 Goals in 1000 days”Challenge! Its been pretty hard to even come up with 100 goals! Ive included business and personal goals in this huge list! I think that by sharing my list with my readers it will make me feel pressured to actually get them done! Im being vulnerable here so please bare with me lol!
Believe it or not Im actually a private person! I know I blab a lot on my blog or Facebook but those are just about fun things or issues that I wouldnt mind sharing with a complete stranger waiting in line with me at Vons. But when it comes to super personal things I only have a small (I mean tiny) handful of people that I really open up to. I really dont like to burden others with my problems, thats why I try to always keep it light & fluffy!
So I hope that opening up a little and sharing my list of goals with you may spark an interest for you to create a list of your own! If so please share! So wish me luck cuz here I go!!!
Start Date: January 1, 2013
End Date: September 28, 2015
Don’t shoot me if I don’t get everything done… I know that life happens & throws us curve balls here & there… So it’ll be interesting to see how much I actually get done! To follow the progress click on the highlighted links!
1. Second shoot as much as possible
2. Dibble Dabble in every category of photography to see which feels right for me photography
3. Find an Album Designer & order Sample Album
4. Create web slideshow galleries
5. Purchase the Jasmine Star Business Workshop
6. Find an out source editor
7. Create a FAQ file for Wedding Clients
8. Get more organized with scheduling Blog, emails, editing, shooting
9. Post Collections on Website
10. Blog 3 times a week: Mon., Wed., & Fri.
11. Teach lil Jack to tie his shoes
12. Make Blog Templates
13. Add Reviews Page
14. Make a Client Shoot Timeline Checklist (frame it for office)
15. Research wedding blogs and find which are right for me
16. Make a documentary video for my website home page
17. Become non DVD business & use Pass Galleries instead
18. Buy External Hard drive & Flash
19. Update business cards
20. Sign Jack up for sports
21. Buy more 8GB CF cards
22. Sharpen Lenses
23. Purchase a video light
24. Update Contracts
25. Update Helpful tips
26. Create a system packet for myself & 2nd shooters
27. Save for a soft box off camera light
28. Perfect the External Flash
29. Buy & Read the EMyth Revised
30. Shoot every wedding with the goal of getting it published in a wedding blog or mag
31. Create a system for submitting publications
32. Create a family photobook for the year 2006 & 2012
33. Update both boys babybooks with info & photos
34. Order a signature Sample Album
35. Shoot an out of State Wedding
36. Take a road trip to anywhere other than Vegas!
37. Get Published on Green Wedding Shoes
38. Get Published on Style Me Pretty
39. Raise awareness, money & walk for Praider Willie, Down Syndrom, & Autism each year
40. Visit each state & collect a Memorabilia
41. Complete the Insanity Workout
42. Develop & begin sending goodie gifts to thank Clients
43. Create a series of styled shoots
44. Rent a boat house
45. Plan a huge family reunion with fun activities
46. Systemize a daily routine that incorporates family, taking care of household, & work
47. Shoot Max’s newborn photos & nursery
48. Go to a Country Concert!
49. Develop a Referral Gift
50. Continue studying the Bible to build a stronger relationship with God!
51. Improve the poses of my wedding party portraits
52. Designate an office area & decorate it
53. Create a Get to know My Clients Better Survey
54. Find 5 ways to differentiate my business
55. Work on Special needs awareness project
56. Try a new recipe for dinner once a week
57. Update Bio Page & photo yearly
58. Find my designated second shooter
59. Instagram 3 times a week
60. Setup a Pinterest Account & connect to blog
61. Do a styled shoot to attract ideal clients
62. Invent something!
63. Start doing Yoga
64. Take a zumba class
65. Take a kick boxing class
66. Update my wardrobe
67. Plan a kids Summer Bash!
68. Get my Desktop fixed & start using it for business
69. See Kevin Heart Live!!!
70. Go Camping
71. Save to Buy a house
72. Pay off equipment debts
73. Book around 15 weddings each year
74. Send out Anniversary cards to past clients
75. Implement client surveys for my services
76. Organize my email account
77. Create a FAQs post that links to all the questions & answers
78. Buy a 35mm lens
79. Have someone Design & create new website
80. Have a Date Night every 2 weeks!
81. Get Professionally Branded
82. Host a Comeback Contest!
83. Fly on an airplane for the first time
84. Go on a honeymoon!
85. Enjoy Maternity Leave
86. Take advantage of maternity leave time to sneak it some of these goals!
87. See fireflys!
88. Teach lil Jack to ride a big boy bike
89. Maintain friendships new & old!
90. Organize the laptop
91. Organizing personal photos
92. Create Thank you gifts for first & second shooters
93. Get over 1,000 Facebook LIKES!
94. Build friendships with other wedding vendors: event coordinators, flourist, makeup & hair artist, cake artist, branding artist etc.
95. Check into knot & wedding bee
96. Cherish the time that I have off with my boys
97. Take more photos of the fam bam
98. Do something drastic to my hair!
99. Go to Stage Coach or Coachella with my boo!
100. Plan a girls Bunco or Wine Night
Oh & by the way Happy New Year!!! Xoxo
I'M JANELLE MARINA
Wife, Mama Shark, + Photographer.
Most days, you'll find me in mismatched socks and a top knot, working behind my computer with a smile on my face, listening to Zac Brown Band and R&B
--or, dancing in the kitchen with my 3 littles and hunka husband, seeing who could come up with the coolest dance moves. I'm a wedding photographer, West Elm lover, aspiring advocate for our buddies with special needs, and a Certified Dreamer since 1986. We live in a cozy city in Southern California and are always up for a good adventure. I enjoy telling stories with my camera, grubbing on spicy food, and solving the latest Dateline case.